Operation Christmas Child Boxes


Pathway Points

Stepping Up for Jesus

Every Christmas, the youth challenge Grace Church to pack a certain number of Operation Christmas Child boxes, and every year we get close to meeting the challenge, but we never quite make it. This year, I want to challenge all of us to surpass the goal they give us, and I’m giving us a year to do it in. As the youth would say, “Easy-Peasy-Lemon-Squeezy!” (Or at least that’s what I would say. I have a feeling my boys would just roll their eyes at me.) Samaritan’s Purse, the group that coordinates the delivery of the boxes, has even provided a year-long packing calendar to give you ideas for what to purchase each month in preparation for the challenge. I printed a copy out and attached it to my refrigerator.

I leave you with this quote from the OCC site to inspire you to make this Christmas the best Christmas a child has ever experienced.

“Quality is important. A child will probably only get one box ever and they deserve it to be a nice box full of good stuff. You can see their excitement when they are waiting to get their box. They deserve a box FULL of things that will last and not break right away.”

– Linda D.

Stepping up with you in His strength!

Monica Lebsack

Creative Ministries Director

At Grace, one of my responsibilities is to publish a weekly article in our e-newsletter, GraceNotes, about discipleship. Specifically, about the various components of our Discipleship Pathway and how a person could journey along it. This is my most recent article.