Memorizing Scripture


Pathway Points

Stepping Up for Jesus

This past Sunday during the children’s moment at our East Campus, I asked the kids how they were doing on their New Year’s resolutions after a month. So, I’m going to ask you, how’s yours going? Pastors Eric and Jeff challenged all of us at the beginning of the year to start a Bible reading plan. (If you haven’t picked one up yet, there are several at the Welcome Center to choose from.)

For those of you that have the daily reading part down, let me encourage you to go a little deeper. While soaking in the Word daily is incredibly important, memorizing Scripture for times when you don’t have a Bible handy is a good next step on your discipleship journey. For a great explanation on why it’s important, check out this article by Pastor Rick Warren: Why Should You Memorize Scripture? If you’re like me and need a support system to make things like this possible, join me, Beth Moore, and hundreds of others at Living Proof Ministries’ Scripture Memory Team. We’re only a month in, so there’s still plenty of year left to participate. You can do it!

And, if things are getting kind of hit-and-miss…oh, who am I kidding, when things get hit-and-miss, let me encourage you with a quote that I love from Pastor David Barnhart’s dad: “If you start over enough, you begin to look consistent.”

Stepping up with you in His strength!

Monica Lebsack

Creative Ministries Director

At Grace, one of my responsibilities is to publish a weekly article in our e-newsletter, GraceNotes, about discipleship. Specifically, about the various components of our Discipleship Pathway and how a person could journey along it. This is my most recent article.