Books! Books! And, More Books!

 

Pathway Points

Stepping Up for Jesus

Today, I thought you might enjoy a glimpse into my reading life. I’m one of those people that reads lots of different things at the same time, depending on my mood. As you read through the list, if there’s any that you decide to read as well (or have already read), let me know. I’d love to chat!

The One Year Coffee with God: 365 Devotions to Perk Up Your Day I happen to know the author of this devotional via her husband Tom, a UMC pastor in the Lansing area. It’s been fun getting glimpses into her life through daily devotions, prayers, and poetry.

It’s Good to Be Queen: Becoming as Bold, Gracious, and Wise as the Queen of Sheba This is the book that the Saturday morning Coffee & Christ small group will be reading starting April 29th. Join us!

PRAYzing!: Creative Prayer Experiences from A to Z As many of you know, prayer beads are a current fascination of mine. So, I’ve taken to reading all kinds of books on prayer looking for ideas.

Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream I must admit, I just got this book on Tuesday, so I’m only a couple of chapters in, but I’m already hooked. It’s a easy read, but I’ll warn you, it’s not for the faint of heart. It poses quite a challenge for our everyday faith.

National Geographic Of course, I had to throw this one on the list. If only to prove that not everything I read is faith-based. Remember, back in the day, I was a math major, computer science minor, working on a Master’s in physics education.

The Low-FODMAP 28-Day Plan: A Healthy Cookbook with Gut-Friendly Recipes for IBS Relief Sigh…the new diet the doctor put me on. I have to admit, I do feel much better, but such a challenge!

At the Sign of Triumph: A Novel in the Safehold Series And, my very favorite sci-fi/fantasy author. I’ve had this one sitting in my stack for a year now. It’s a good 3-inches thick, so I’ve put off reading it because I know that I’ll get sucked in to the story and not do anything else until it’s done!

Stepping up with you in His strength!

Monica Lebsack

Creative Ministries Director

At Grace, one of my responsibilities is to publish a weekly article in our e-newsletter, GraceNotes, about discipleship. Specifically, about the various components of our Discipleship Pathway and how a person could journey along it. This is my most recent article.