Blessings Notebook (Ephesians 1)

Pathway Points

Stepping Up for Jesus

This past week, Pastors Eric and Jeff started a message series on Ephesians. They started us out in the first chapter with a sermon titled “Who We Are.” Personally, I loved it because I fought long and hard through my depression to answer the question, “Who am I?” Of course, you don’t have to have depression to ask that question, but for me, floundering around without an answer certainly made the depression worse.

Initially, I kept looking to the world for an answer to that question. I was Debbie’s daughter; I was the smart kid; I was a math teacher; I was Scott’s wife. I tried all kinds of labels, but eventually, each one fell apart. I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised. I was a Christian. I knew that we lived in a fallen world. Of course, it would disappoint.

Finally, I realized that the answer had to come from somewhere else. That’s when Ephesians 1v4-5 suddenly made sense to me. I am a Chosen Child of God. He chose me. He adopted me. He’ll never disappoint!

You are also a Chosen Child of God! Today, I want you to answer the question, “Where have you seen God at work?” If he chose you, if you’re his child, he must be involved in your life. No parent adopts a kid and then walks away! Start a blessings notebook and get to know this amazing parent that chose you and adopted you. If you use social media, post a daily blessing there and tag me (Facebook--Monica Lebsack or Instagram--Monica Lebsack). I’d love to see how God is working in your life!

Stepping up with you in His strength!

Monica Lebsack

Creative Ministries Director

At Grace, one of my responsibilities is to publish a weekly article in our e-newsletter, GraceNotes, about discipleship. Specifically, about the various components of our Discipleship Pathway and how a person could journey along it. This is my most recent article.