Observing Advent

Pathway Points

Stepping Up for Jesus

For those of you that don’t know me very well, I am a voracious reader. I read everything…books, magazines, billboards, signs, anything that can be read! I just can’t help myself. My mom tells the story of when I first got glasses. My eyes were so bad, I didn’t realize that there were words all around me. Apparently, I marveled at all of them and read each one to her all the way home, and it was a long ride home from the city to the boonies where we lived.

That said, it should come as no surprise that I read a wide variety of articles from a wide variety of sources. The one I want to share with you today is written by a Catholic priest about Advent. I alluded to the ideas in his article last week when I said, “No matter how you choose to observe Advent, remember it’s all about taking time to get to know Jesus a little better and to learn to actively wait for him both to work in our lives and to return to reign here on earth.”

As you read Getting Advent Right, think about what you are doing to actively wait for Jesus this year.

Stepping up with you in His strength!

Monica Lebsack

Creative Ministries Director

At Grace, one of my responsibilities is to publish a weekly article in our e-newsletter, GraceNotes, about discipleship. Specifically, about the various components of our Discipleship Pathway and how a person could journey along it. This is my most recent article.