Know Jesus

Pathway Points

Stepping Up for Jesus

I ran across an older devotion by Rick Warren recently, New Year’s Resolutions? Just One, and really liked the focus. It’s based on the verse:

“For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.” (1 Corinthians 2:2 NIV)

Pastor Rick emphasizes that if our resolution is to get to know Jesus better, everything else will fall into place because everything else needs to start with him to be successful.

The best way to get to know Jesus is by reading the Bible, so I wanted to share with you an app that two different people shared with me in the last couple days. Read Scripture is an app (available for both Apple and Android products) “curating a year-long Bible reading plan and supplementing the reading with amazingly creative videos (produced by our friends at the Bible Project) that explain every book of the Bible, major theological themes of the gospel, and tips on how to read the Bible.” Personally, I love the Bible Project videos, so I’m excited to see it all tied together with a Bible reading plan.

If one of your resolutions is to get to know Jesus better, let’s read together! Let me know via Facebook (tag me), email, snail mail, or in person, and we’ll get together a group of us to encourage one another.

Stepping up with you in His strength!

Monica Lebsack

Creative Ministries Director

At Grace, one of my responsibilities is to publish a weekly article in our e-newsletter, GraceNotes, about discipleship. Specifically, about the various components of our Discipleship Pathway and how a person could journey along it. This is my most recent article.