What I'm Reading

Pathway Points

Stepping Up for Jesus

Today, I thought I’d give you another glimpse into my reading life. I’m one of those people that reads lots of different things at the same time, depending on my mood. As you read through the list, if there’s any that you decide to read as well (or have already read), let me know. I’d love to chat!

The Christian Atheist: When You Believe in God But Live as if He Doesn’t Exist by Craig Groeschel Watch the bulletin for the next “Grab, Gather, Grow” announcement! This is the book that we’ll be using as the basis for both the Lenten sermon series and the Lenten GraceGroups.

Soul Detox: Clean Living in a Contaminated World by Craig Groeschel This book has been quite a challenge for me, not because of the reading level but because of the light it is shining on different parts of my life. I’ve been reading it in small chunks.

Lord of the World: A Novel by Robert Hugh Benson Once again, I read all kinds of material from lots of different sources. This one was recommended by the Pope. It’s a rather interesting take on the last days.

Of Mess and Moxie: Wrangling Delight Out of This Wild and Glorious Life by Jen Hatmaker If you follow me on Facebook, you’ll know that I have been advertising a book club for this book. Jen Hatmaker (the author) is doing a Facebook live post each Monday that we’ll watch and then provided some discussion questions. If you’re interested, there’s still room. We’re doing the first week online, but starting next Wednesday, we’ll be meeting at my house at 7pm. Let me know if you’d like to join us!

Cold as Ice (Whatever After #6) eBook by Sarah Mlynowski Those of you that are looking for an excellent series for elementary age kids (boys or girls), this is one that my boys absolutely love. We’ve read all of them several times. This is just the one that they picked out this time. If you’re at all familiar with the “Magic Treehouse” books, these are similar but always take place in a fairytale that the kids mess up and then have to fix.

Read the Bible for Life: Your Guide to Understanding and Living God’s Word by George Guthrie This one is for work. It’s one of the books that I’m previewing for potential small group use. Want to participate? Let me know and we’ll see what we can pull together for Spring!

Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World: How One Family Learned That Saying No Can Lead to Life’s Biggest Yes by Kristen Welch Kristen is the founder of Mercy House Global, and this is her story. I (along with a couple of other ladies) support her ministry through the Fair Trade Friday Club. Ask me about it!

The Francis Chan Collection: Crazy Love, Forgotten God, Erasing Hell, and Multiply by Francis Chan I’ve always admired Francis Chan and enjoy his sermons immensely, but I’ve never gotten around to reading his books, so I was really excited to find this collection.

Stepping up with you in His strength!

Monica Lebsack

Creative Ministries Director

At Grace, one of my responsibilities is to publish a weekly article in our e-newsletter, GraceNotes, about discipleship. Specifically, about the various components of our Discipleship Pathway and how a person could journey along it. This is my most recent article.