Invite Someone to Easter!

Pathway Points

Stepping Up for Jesus

Have you ever looked at the icons that we use for each part of the Pathway? Each one has a hand (representing us) and a heart (representing God). The Change Lives icon is a hand holding a heart. It’s meant to represent us handing God to someone.

We often think of changing lives as a mission project of some sort, like doing yard work or feeding someone a meal. However, as a church we need to remember that we’re more than a charity. In everything that we do, we’re supposed to offer Jesus, too.

This week, I want to challenge you to look around you for someone to whom you can offer Jesus. I know that my sisters, my parents, and I aren’t the only ones that live too far apart to get together for Easter. I’m fortunate that my husband has family in the area. One of my sisters lives in Seattle and her husband is Japanese. They have no family anywhere near them. Once you find that person, invite them to join you for one of our Easter gatherings. I know it’s a hectic day, but maybe even offer to pick them up so they don’t have to show up alone.

As the big sister that wishes she could be there for her little sister, I thank you for reaching out and sharing Jesus with someone. It’s sure to be a life changing experience for both of you!

Stepping up with you in His strength!

Monica Lebsack

Creative Ministries Director

At Grace, one of my responsibilities is to publish a weekly article in our e-newsletter, GraceNotes, about discipleship. Specifically, about the various components of our Discipleship Pathway and how a person could journey along it. This is my most recent article.