Living the Five - Growing People Change

Pathway Points

Stepping Up for Jesus

This past Sunday, we heard the second installment in the series Living the Five, Growing People Change. At West, Pastor Eric challenged us with the idea that if we’re not changing and growing, we may not be as Christian as we think we are. Of course, being the stubborn and competitive person that I am (not to mention busy and very overwhelmed that day), I thought, “Challenge accepted.”

So, I decided to take stock of my life and my faith. Was I growing? Was I making an intentional effort to become more like Jesus? Or, was I allowing life to get in the way and making excuses for maintaining the status quo? For lack of a better framework, I used to the Discipleship Pathway (Love God, Serve All, and Change Lives). In the interest of space, I won’t get into the details here, but I will say that God and I had a good conversation about expectations and humility. Ask me about it sometime, after all, we can’t do life alone, right?

Stepping up with you in His strength!

Monica Lebsack

Creative Ministries Director

At Grace, one of my responsibilities is to publish a weekly article in our e-newsletter, GraceNotes, about discipleship. Specifically, about the various components of our Discipleship Pathway and how a person could journey along it. This is my most recent article.